Welcome to the newly formed Sevington with Finberry Parish Council Website
Sevington is recorded in the Domesday Book. St Mary’s Church is of Norman origin and was altered about 1200 and in the 14th century. In recent years there have been many changes in Sevington due to the building of the Ashford Business and Orbital Parks. The latter includes the new Ashford livestock market. In addition to this, Sevington has expanded hugely with the building of Finberry and now the planned expansion of the Waterbrook site.
The Parish Council was joined with Mersham in 1973 and, after much consultation and discussion, it was agreed that the 2 parishes of Sevington and Mersham were very diverse and separation would be key to the success of each Parish going forward. The Parish Council split and the new Sevington with Finberry Parish Council became a reality as of 1st April 2020.